Sunday, November 17, 2013

My technology goals...updated!

After setting technology goals for my classroom  I've decided to focus primarily on the use of Facetime to enhance a few aspects of my classroom.

The first way in which we'll be using this tool is to create weekly communication opportunities for a student of mine who is homebound right now. The students miss him dearly and his mom has been reporting that he's missing our class as well! We've decided to facetime with him every Wednesday during morning meeting. He'll participate in all aspects of this meeting as he'll be able to greet another student, share something important to him and participate in our morning message. He'll then "travel" with us down to music where he'll be a part of the first 15 minutes of music class. I'm really excited about this opportunity!

I'll also be using Facetime while I'm on maternity leave. I've spoken with my long-term sub and our technology teacher who have agreed to select 2-3 students a week who will spend 5-10 minutes of their day on Facetime telling me about the happenings in our classroom (and meeting baby Geier!). I think this will help those students who are having some anxieties about losing their classroom teacher for the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment