Sunday, November 17, 2013

Presence in my Everyday Life

As I think about how presence finds a role in my life I find that, lately, I seem to be much more present in my classroom than I am at home!

I feel that I am very present in my classroom as I'm constantly self-reflecting on and adjusting to my student's needs. We show presence as a class every day as we reflect during our closing circle (and morning meeting the next day if needed). We always take a few minutes to reflect on the positives of the day and, when needed, what things didn't go so well and how we'll fix them. I've seen a huge growth in my students' reflections of themselves over the past year and see their honesty coming through as they recently self-evaluated their work ethic and classroom behavior. Many were spot-on!

I also feel that my presence shows in the way that I create a safe environment conducive to sharing ideas and taking risks. Through this opportunity I've been given to loop I feel that we've created a sense of family and the students have truly developed relationships of support!

No comments:

Post a Comment