Saturday, May 25, 2013

AGAPE Reflection: Adaptation


After rereading my January notes on Adaptation a few new concepts now made more sense to me: Constructivist, authentic , inquiry and discovery learning, and creative and critical thinking.
At the time, I thought I understood what this meant. However, after becoming more aware of what a constructivist classroom consists of, it’s easier to see how adaptation plays a huge role in the teacher I am striving to become.
To me, adaptation means allowing students to discover and make meaning of the content in a way they are able to connect to. It means giving them more control and allowing their imagination to drive their learning and problem-solve versus being spoon-fed the “right answer.” I am endeavoring to help my students authenticate their learning and think deeper using such high-level strategies as “The Application Strategy” talked about by Nikki here. In doing this, I will allow them to see WHY what we’re learning is so important and how they can and will continue to be able to use it. This concept it one that takes intentional practice and time but will highly benefit my students on their path to becoming higher-level thinkers and learners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment